I have blogged before about the very yummy chocolate cake in a mug but since then have made it several times, each time tweaking the recipe and cooking time.
Tonight I needed a little something (its been a long day), so I made it and then
poured dribbled Baileys all over it…..ever so naughty but oh so nice!!
My latest recipe Is:
- 4 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (actually I've run out so used 3 spoons of hot chocolate mix instead)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or a replacement like splender)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Vanilla if I have it (I didn't tonight)
- If you have it chopped cherries or desiccated coconut or anything else you fancy. Tonight it had nothing added.
Mix well and cook in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Then serve with cream or ice cream or if you're feeling really indulgent as I was tonight -use Baileys instead.
It's just basic store ingredients and only 1 cup to wash up. What's there not to like? You should try it.